We (Babycompare) take the privacy rights of users of our website (www.babycompare.co.uk) (the “Website”) very seriously and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
WHO ARE WE?
Any Personal Information you provide to us is held by babycompare.co.uk owned by ZAMO Media Ltd, a company registered in the UK with company number 10136081, whose registered office is situated at 142 Uxbridge Road, W7 3SL, London, United Kingdom.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER AND LEAD SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer and you can contact him for any further queries you have in relation to the data processing we carry out directly by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
“Personal Information” means any information about you which is personally identifiable which may include (but might not be limited to) your name, age, gender, location, telephone number, email address, IP address, financial details and any other information from which you can be identified directly or indirectly and which you may disclose to us or otherwise provide to us via the Website or elsewhere at any time.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may collect and process Personal Information based on your consent when:
- you view or buy a product or service from a merchant listing its offers on our Website or through one of our business partners;
- you make a complaint or enquiry or provide feedback to us;
- you provide account information when you register or sign in to your user account with us in order to use certain services, such as the Babycompare Newsletter, the User Reviews or when you enter into any competition, promotion, prize draw or survey on the Website;
- you disclose Personal Information to us at any point.
We will indicate where the provision of Personal Information is optional. If you choose not to provide such Personal Information, you may find that some services or use of features on the Website are unavailable to you.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- for fraud prevention and security on our Website and systems;
- to help us understand what products you have viewed or purchased through the Website in order to provide a better and more personalised service to you, including advising you on and offering to you products, services, content and special offers;
- to analyse the use of the Website and of the websites of our merchants and business partners, including user demographics, interest and behaviour to optimise the services we offer;
- to allow you to participate in certain services we offer such as the Babycompare Newsletter, the User Reviews or any competition, promotion, prize draw or survey launched on the Website or to inform you of changes to any of these services;
- to investigate any suspected breach of the Terms and conditions by you or relating to you;
- to process registration of your account information and maintain the user account you may have with us;
- to ensure that your purchase has been duly completed on the merchant’s or business partner’s website.
DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We may pass on your Personal Information to other parties as follows:
- to selected and trusted third parties who may use your Personal Information to provide you content (including advertising content) that may be of interest to you;
- to business partners to assist us in providing services on our Website and any related services to you. Such business partners are required to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information and, unless you are otherwise advised, do not have any rights to use the Personal Information about you that we provide to them for any purpose beyond what is necessary to assist us;
- some aggregated information about the Website users, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters to reputable third parties but these details will not include any of your Personal Information;
- to regulatory bodies or legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of the Terms and conditions or when required by law;
- to any member of the Babycompare; and
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets on a confidential basis.
HOW DO YOU EDIT AND DELETE YOUR INFORMATION?
HOW LONG DO WE HOLD PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We only hold Personal Information for as long as is necessary for the purposes described above in the paragraph headed “HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?”
HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We employ all industry standard practices and have strict security procedures covering the collection, storage and disclosure of Personal Information in order to prevent unauthorised access and to comply with relevant European and local data protection laws. All Personal Information you provide to us is stored on our or our business partners’ secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS AND HOW DO WE USE THEM?
WHERE DO WE STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access Personal Information held by us about you. If you would like to receive a copy of your Personal Information held by us, please write to our Data Protection Officer at the address above mentioned.
We will provide the Personal Information held by us about you within one month following your request. Such timeframe may be extended to three months considering the complexity of your request and you will be informed of such extension.
In case of reasonable doubt about your identity, we may ask you to provide us with additional information.
We may charge you a reasonable administrative fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of your Personal Information which we hold if we find your request manifestly excessive or repetitive.
OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU HAVE
In addition to the right of access detailed below, you can exercise the following rights by writing to our Data Protection Officer:
- Right to rectification: you have the right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate/incomplete Personal Information;
- Right to erasure: you have the right to have the Personal Information that we hold about you to be erased without undue delay if (a) this Personal Information is no longer needed for the purposes described in section “HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION”, (b) you have withdrawn your consent to the processing of your Personal Information by us or you have objected to the processing of your Personal Information by us, (c) you consider that the Personal Information which we hold about you has been unlawfully collected, (d) if the erasure is required pursuant to a legislation which we are subject to, (e) the Personal Information has been collected in relation to a child under 16 years old;
- Right to restriction: you have the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your Personal Information (a) when you contest the accuracy of your Personal Information or you object to the processing by us of your Personal Information – such a restriction will take place for a period enabling us to check the accuracy of said Personal Information or to check the existence of any legitimate grounds for us that could override your rights, (b) when you consider the Personal Information held by us about you has been unlawfully collected but request restriction of its use instead of its erasure, (c) when we no longer need the Personal Information but it is required for you to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to receive the Personal Information held by us about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit this Personal Information to another provider or to have your Personal Information transmitted directly by us to another provider, where technically feasible.
- We will inform each recipient to whom your Personal Information has been disclosed of any rectification/erasure/restriction that you previously requested, unless it is impossible or it involves disproportionate efforts on our part.
POSTING PERSONAL INFORMATION ON PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE AREAS
A publicly accessible area of the Website is any area that is accessible by the general public and may be indexed by search engines. You are solely responsible for any Personal Information that you disclose and disseminate on publicly accessible areas. You should never disclose Personal Information relating to any other person without their express consent.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our business partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any of your Personal Information to these websites.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu. A web beacon is a small image (usually embedded in a web page or email) that allows a web site to count users who have visited that page or to access certain cookies.
When you visit our Website or the websites of our merchants or business partners, we may set and access certain cookies on your device. They enable us to: (a) estimate our audience size and usage pattern; (b) store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests; (c) speed up your searches; (d) recognise you when you return to our Website or to third party websites we work with; (e) provide sales and website statistics to merchants we work with, and (f) provide you with content which might be of interest to you when you visit our Website or third party websites we work with. In addition to our cookies, we allow our merchants and business partners as well as their affiliates to set and access cookies on your device. Some of these third parties may collect and use information about your visits to this Website and/or other websites in order to serve you content that might be of interest to you. The use by these third parties of cookies is subject to their own privacy policies and not only to that of Babycompare.
TYPES OF COOKIES
There are four main types of cookies generally used on websites:
Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for (like selecting a product for purchase) cannot be provided. The life span of these cookies only lasts for the duration of your visit and they are deleted when you close the Internet browser. Their main purpose is to identify the type of device you use, to enhance the security of the website or its basic functionality. They do not contain any personal information which makes it possible to identify a person.
Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced features. For instance, they may be used to remember your account details and personal preferences, or to provide services you have asked for such as rating a review or sharing via social media. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. These cookies have an expiry date or a specified expiry date, and these cookies stop working once the expiry date has lapsed.
Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Ad targeting cookies: These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
Social networks cookies sharing: These cookie files may be recorded on your device by social network websites to allow to share contents from our Website. These social network sites are materialized on our Website with buttons that allow these social networks websites to identify you during your visit on our Website.
We cannot control these cookies and the data collected by social networks. For more information about these applications, we invite you to consult the specific privacy policies of each of these social network websites:
THE COOKIES WE USE
Babycompare and the third parties listed below may set and access any of the following cookies when you visit different parts of our Website or the websites of third party publishers with whom we partner. The purpose for setting and accessing these cookies is listed next to the description of each cookie mentioned below.
|Third party cookie||Type||Purpose||More Information|
|Google Analytics||Performance||This cookie allows us to see data relating to the usage of our Website.||https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies|
|ClickTripz (not in use at the moment *14-06-2019)||Monetization solution for Travel search||This cookie allows to suggest to you travel offers related to your research.||http://www.clicktripz.com/privacy_policy.php|
|Babycompare Cookie||Type||Purpose||Conservation period|
|BabycompareID||Performance||This cookie identifies user for statistics and ad retargeting.||12 months|
|BabycompareIDStatus||Performance||This cookie is used to distinguish new users from returning users for traffic analysis.||12 months|
|sessionId||Performance||This cookie is used for traffic analysis.||Reset every day at midnight or after 30 minutes of inactivity or traffic source change|
|adID||Ad targeting||This cookie is used to assess the performance of advertisement modules.||For the duration of the browser session|
|Affiliation_id||Performance||This cookie is used to identify the source of traffic.||Reset every day at midnight or after 30 minutes of inactivity or traffic source change|
|SEMTrackingId||Performance||This cookie help to analyse the performance of Search Engine Marketing (source of traffic).||Reset every day at midnight or after 30 minutes of inactivity or traffic source change|
|LastSearchedKeyword||Functionality||This cookies is used to retarget users using Babycompare search engine.||Reset every day at midnight or after 30 minutes of inactivity or traffic source change|
|originKeyword||Functionality||This cookie is used for data analysis and to allow users to find new keywords for actions.||Reset every day at midnight or after 30 minutes of inactivity or traffic source change|
|Tduid||Performance||This cookie allows us to match clicks with sales||Reset every day at midnight or after 30 minutes of inactivity or traffic source change|
|userKeywordsInfos||Functionality||This cookie is used for data analysis and to allow users to find new keywords for actions.||24 months|
HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES
You can choose to disable these cookies at any time.
To have practical advice on these options and how to remove cookies stored on your device, We invite you to consult the website of the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office): https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
Your browser can also be set to alert you about cookies stored in your device and ask you to accept them or not.
You can accept or reject cookies on a case by case basis, or disallow all cookies.
Please however note that your browser settings may change your conditions of access to our Website.
If your browser is set to reject all cookies, it is possible that you cannot enjoy certain parts of our Website. We invite you to take into account the purpose of the cookies that we use if you decide to modify your browser settings.
Different web browsers may use different ways to control cookies, so you need to consult your browser’s help section to find out how to adjust your settings, or visit directly one of the sites of the following web browser manufacturers:
(iii) Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_GB
(iv) Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
When you decide to withdraw your consent for cookies, we cannot remove third party cookies ourselves. If you wish to remove such third party cookies, you need to delete them in the cookies history in your web browser settings.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?